Friday, September 30, 2016

Hey, I'm Logan!

It's nice to meet everyone finally!

My name is Logan, and I've lived in Washington my whole life thus far. I just finished up high school at Edmonds Woodway last June, so this is my first "official" quarter at EdCC. But between a haphazard mix of Running Start, College in the High School, and International Baccalaureate classes, I've already become fairly acquainted with school here.

I plan to continue past Edmonds once I get my AA to the University of Washington. There I plan to join the College of Built Environments and get my BA in Community, Regional, and Urban Planning. In a nutshell, Urban Planners work hand in hand with architects, engineers, businesses, and communities to plan and build everything that goes into a city. The wonderful view of the Puget Sound you can get from almost any hill in Edmonds? That wouldn't be possible without the careful, diplomatic work of planners restricting building height. Even storefront signs need to be regulated so that business' aren't hindering each other.


I currently work as a Server's Assistant at The Hook Seafood and Broiler in Perrinville, but my passion above anything else is photography. I live by my motto "Do it for the shot" everyday, and I love that photography teaches me so many new things and brings me to unimaginable places.

          






          

Of course, if you're interested in seeing more of my work, check out my Instagram at @lhopkinsphotography, or email me at lhopkinsphotography@gmail.com for any other inquiries.


Always pushing me and supporting me for almost a year now is my girlfriend Kiyoko. Besides making me look like a 3rd grader in terms of intelligence daily, she is curious, artistic, hilarious, and my best friend.

          

The PNW is without a doubt my favorite place on earth. Not only calling it my home makes it special, but also the people, sports teams, culture, parks, forests, beaches, water, weather (yes, ESPECIALLY the rain). Just the overall incredible natural landscape around us will forever amaze and stun me. Anything that can help me discover and appreciate more of this little piece of the world is always welcome to me, which is largely my reasoning for taking this class. I largely just want to explore new places through the opportunity to have field trips, as well as simply learn more about the nature I already appreciate the most.


4 comments:

  1. Your photographs are beautiful, you really capture an interesting perspective. I really love your motto! I actually have a similar one, when I'm ever facing an obstacle when it comes to my education, I tell myself to, "do it for the kids" (not my own, but for the kids of the future and for me to be able to reach my goal of teaching them).

    Your heart is in the right place! I admire your sharing of your significant other. Good luck to you and your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the introduction to urban planning, I had no idea there was building height restrictions.

    Also, your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan, your pictures are incredible! You definitely have an eye for photography and I love the perspective and color you captured in some of your shots. The Pacific Northwest is certainly a wonderful place to put your skills to use! Urban planning sounds like an interesting and fun career choice. There is so much I hadn't thought about in terms of how areas/cities are mapped out! Off to do some research!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice shots, I really dig your spirals and the use of natural elements. Reminds me of Andy Goldsworthy's work.

    ReplyDelete