Thursday, September 29, 2016

I'm Carly

Hello everyone!

I'm Carly Rigby

This is my first quarter at EdCC. Previously I attended Glacier Peak High School. My sister Courtney is also attending EdCC, but sadly I wasn't able to convince her to take this course.

I am (since September 14) 19 years old, and have always appreciated the early or late (never on time!) birthday present that is school.

I decided to take this course because I've always been interested in Washington's nature. My grandfather was a career park ranger and worked at North Cascades National Park for around 10 years, and since my dad grew up in the National Parks, he never hesitated to acquaint me and my sisters with the places and nature he grew up with. I'd like to learn a little bit more about the native plant life besides the basic tree, fern, and flower names that I know. 

I currently am volunteering at the Everett Animal Shelter, I enjoy TV, and love Science Fiction.

The photo is a selfie of me in one of the plazas in Dubrovnik, Croatia this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hello again Carly! I'm jealous of your background growing up getting to probably experience a side of the parks most people never see. North Cascades is gorgeous and I considered becoming a ranger there before choosing F&W.

    ReplyDelete