Thursday, September 29, 2016

Hey, I am Julian

Hey, I am Julian!

I am 16 years old (Not for long, My birthday is November 17th) and this is my first quarter in running start!

I live right next to Martha Lake with my mom, dad, and sister. I currently have 1 dog, a miniature pinscher  named Rory! Hopefully sometime soon I will be getting a tortoise as well!

In the past I used to like to stay busy by doing athletics(generally martial arts) I am a 2nd degree senior black belt in Taekwondo(7 years), and a white belt 2 stripes in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu(1 year). I hardly remember any of my training though!! Recently i haven't been able to be athletic because I am prone to injury!! I get concussions all the time, i have fractured my back, and recently I subluxed my shoulder(dislocation that keeps slipping back out for weeks). Not fun!!!

I am currently employed at the Alderwood Mall Jamba Juice! I also have a side job as a paintball zombie at Thomas Family Farms!!

Just like Gwen, I really enjoy nature and i plan on pursuing a career in ecology. I really care about the Earth and I love being out in nature. I would consider myself a very curious person. Because of this, I find the smallest things SUPER interesting.

Im sure that I could find more to talk about but that is all that I can think of for now. I am really looking forward to this class and meeting you all!
-Julian Markfield
This is me at the peak of a mountain that i cant remember the name of! Also, i look upset because the sun was directly in my eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julian!

    I love Jamba Juice! When I first discovered it, I was so happy. I once worked the deli counter at a natural food store on the east coast. We had a wheat grass juicer and also made all kinds of vegetable juice. Since then I've loved juicing although I don't make the time to do that much of it.

    I'm so sorry you've had an issue with injuries lately, that's really too bad. :( Are there less impact focused forms of exercise that you can do? Like what about tai chi? Isn't that more low impact and form focused? Or have you thought about yoga? Next year I want to start doing yoga regularly. I had some exposure to the martial arts in my late teens and early twenties and recently I decided that maybe I want to actually learn a martial art when I'm 50 - so not anytime soon (although not that far away either). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julian you injure yourself because you're a klutz.
    You are now recently an Alderwood Mall Jamba Juice employee, you've been working at Mill Creek.
    You're bad at video games.
    But you kick my butt at Magic so I guess you're cool.
    Oh yea, you forgot to mention you're going to the communist paradise of Cuba to scuba dive and fun stuff like that.
    I can't wait to learn more about you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    ReplyDelete