Friday, September 30, 2016

Hi, I'm Melissa!

Hi everyone, I'm Melissa! I'm currently finishing up my associates degree and I intend to transfer to a university to pursue a career in art. My long term goal is to work as an art teacher. I love taking classes at Edmonds, the art department is really fun and I encourage everyone to take at least one art class.






 I've lived in Western Washington for my entire life and I absolutely love living between the ocean and the mountains. I can't imagine living anywhere else. My family absolutely loves animals and wildlife, at our home in Mountlake Terrace we've gotten pretty good at attracting lots of local birds, squirrels, and other less-welcome creatures.








 When I'm not at school or hanging out at home, I really like going on hikes with my dad and brother. My dad and I like exploring less popular trails and finding new places to adventure up in the mountains. We're both really into photography, and to be honest we're pretty stubborn. When my dad and I find a new trail, we're not very good at turning around even if we get really tired or the trail turns out to be a little more intense than we were expecting. It's always worth it though, Western Washington is a beautiful place to live!


 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa, I'm diggin the art. In my opinion, teachers are the most important and influential people in our society. I'd be one if I had the patience. I have a similar problem with turning around on hikes, my wife doesn't though. I always end up saying, "OK just 15 more minutes," over and over again.

    ReplyDelete