Tuesday, November 22, 2016

NW Trek

The field trip to NW Trek was by far the most fun field trip so far. I had a great time and also learned a TON of info about different species of animals. It was really cool to go on the tram and see the animals in their natural habitat, although most of them were just sleeping. My favorite animal was probably the skunk, she was adorable! Although it is really hard to pick favorites.


I think that one of the most interesting things I learned would have to be that owl's eyes touch the back of their skull, because of this, they can't move them and have to rely on precise head movements to track their prey. This is why owls adapted to be able to move their heads at such crazy angles. I was also interested in how much you could tell about an animal just by looking at its skull. Overall, the field trip was a lot of fun and I learn a ton about animals that I previously did not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment