Monday, October 3, 2016

Hey, I'm Ryan


Hello everyone! My name is Ryan Crace, I'm 24 and currently live in Edmonds where I live with 3 of my friends, their dog, my cat, 2 chickens, and 7 Giant Flemmish rabbits (p.s. if anyone wants a rabbit let me know, I have 2 1/2 month old females that need a home!).

I was born and raised in Seattle until I was 8 and then move to the Olympic Peninsula where my family bought a victorian house built in 1885 that ran as a Bed & Breakfast in Port Townsend. Moved back to Seattle after I graduated to attend Seattle Central for an AA with an Emphasis in Sustainable Agriculture. During that degree I got to be a summer intern working with the grounds crew at the Arboretum, where I developed my love for plants. I am going to Edmonds for Landscape & Restoration and am working for a landscaping company but want to end up doing restoration work. This class is not a required class for my degree but I am substituting it for another class that is rarely offered, but I feel like ecology is essential part of restoration and should be a required class.

I am most interested in plants but I want learn more about how plants function with in an ecosystem and how different organisms interact with those plants within a given environment. I am also interested in learning more about fungi, and how they play major roles in the process of decomposition.

In my spare time I play music with my friends. I have been playing the bass since I was 13 and am currently in a band called Cold Comfort. I have been playing music with two of the members for 10 years in various bands, and have been playing in our current band for 4-5 years. We just released our first full length this last spring. coldcomfortnorthwest.bandcamp.com




 I also am a hobby photographer/videographer and nature photography is my favorite subject. Ansel Adams is my inspiration and my favorite director is Wes Anderson. I enjoy being outside, going on hikes and backpacking. The Pacific Northwest is such an amazing place, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.







5 comments:

  1. So, I listened to your music and oh my god, it's really good. Me and my friends listen to a wide variety of music and after hearing this I showed it to them and they thought it was great. I even posted it to a music discovery thread. Super legit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Josh, that's great music! I've met quite a few people at the college who are in bands, but usually when they refer me to their music it's average at best. This was a nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I know it's too late for comments but I came back to read everybody else's posts. I'm really impressed by your band's music! I'm certain you will will go far. Thanks for sharing! Let us know when there is a show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feedback and glad you guys enjoyed it. Our next show is on Halloween at the Funhouse but there are more coming. We have a list of up coming shows on our website: coldcomfortseattle.com

    ReplyDelete